The purpose of the Building Codes Enforcement is the safe-guarding of persons and property from hazards; To enforce certain minimum standards, provisions and requirements for safe and stable design; To inspect methods of construction and uses of materials in buildings or structures; To enforce the North Carolina Building Codes, issue permits, and perform inspections in Stanly County.
Effective July 6, 2020
Our office is open to the public. Please maintain social distancing while visiting our office. If you can not maintain social distancing of 6 feet, please wear a face covering. Please follow signs when entering the building.
Chris Moon, Director of Inspections
NEW CON ED CLASS FOR GC’S
GENERAL CONTRACTORS CONTINUING EDUCATION CLASS, OCTOBER 7, 2020 IN CONCORD NC. PLEASE CONTACT MATT LOVE 704-361-8979 OR EMAIL email@example.com
CHRIS MOON, DIRECTOR
EFFECTIVE SEPTEMBER 1, 2020
ALL FLOATING DOCKS AND PIERS THAT ARE ON DUKE ENERGY
PROPERTY WILL REQUIRE A BUILDING PERMIT. ALL DESIGNS OF DOCKS
AND PIERS WILL REQUIRE A SEAL FROM A REGISTERED AND LICENSED
DESIGN PROFESSIONAL. THE EXEMPTION OF A PERMIT FORM CAN NOT
BE USED ON ANY PROPERTY THAT DUKE ENERGY OWNS. BEFORE A
BUILDING PERMIT IS ISSUED THE OWNER OR CONTRACTOR WILL HAVE
TO HAVE THE APPROVAL OF DUKE ENERGY AND A SEALED SET OF
PLANS THAT ARE APPROVED BY STANLY COUNTY INSPECTION
ANY QUESTIONS OR CONCERNS PLEASE CONTACT OUR OFFICE
704-986-3675 OR firstname.lastname@example.org
CHRIS MOON, DIRECTOR OF INSPECTIONS
EFFECTIVE OCTOBER 1, 2020
ALL DESIGN PROFESSIONAL INSPECTIONS OF COMPONENTS AND ELEMENTS WILL REQUIRE AN APPENDIX G TO BE FILLED OUT , SIGNED, AND SEALED WITH STAMPED DESIGN IF APPLICABLE. PERMIT HOLDERS WILL STILL BE REQUIRED TO REQUEST INSPECTION AND SUBMIT FORMS AT THAT TIME.
AN APPENDIX G IS AVALIABLE ON THE DOI’S WEB SITE
ANY QUESTIONS OR CONCERNS PLEASE CONTACT
704-986-3674 OR email@example.com
|Kerr, Rusty||Building Codes Enforcement Officer I||
|Borgemeister, Justin||Building Codes Enforcement Officer II||
|Dennis, Allen||Building Codes Enforcement Officer III; Plan Reviewer||
|Whitley, Jason||Building Codes Enforcement Officer I||
Building Codes Enforcement Officer II
Permit Application Process
- Sub contractors applications for Electrical, Mechanical, Plumbing, Gas-Piping and Set-up trades may be down-loaded, signed, and returned to Central Permitting, along with applicable fee.
- All fees must be paid by check, cash, or charged on an active insurance bond. No credit or debit cards accepted. Checks should be made payable to Stanly County.
- Applicant is welcome to call Central Permitting at 704 986 3667 to request fee amount when necessary.
- Applications and fees can be Mailed, Faxed, or Emailed.
- Signed & completed applications (with check for correct permit fee) may be mailed to: Central Permitting Inspection Department 1000 N 1st St. Suite 13C, Albemarle, NC 28001
- Signed/completed applications may be faxed if contractor has an active insurance bond or payment by credit/debit card. Fax Number: 704-986-3783
- Signed/completed applications may be E-mailed if contractor has an active insurance bond or payment by credit/debit card. Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Anytime after any permit is issued and valid, a request for inspection may be made by calling Stanly County Inspection Department at 704-986-3667. Inspection requests must be called one day in advance.
- In addition to above voice mail, applicant may request inspection on line at: Central Permitting
- Always reference a permit number when possible, and always leave instructions about key or other entry information.
- Inspection request can be be made on the Web as well. Log on to BuildingDepartment.com click contractor tab, and follow steps to sign up.
- Inspection department is now paperless. All inspection results can be obtained by signing up with BuildingDepartment.com All results will be sent via email.
- At this time Building Permits and Mobile Home permits are blanket type permits, requiring information from several entities, and must be applied for in the Central Permitting Offices at the above address. Mobile Home permits require payment for all trades when blanket permit is issued. Please bring your signed/completed sub-contractors applications with you when you apply for the Mobile Home permit.
Commercial Plan review:
All commercial projects will have to be approved before permitting. Plans shall be submitted for review by Electronic PDF. Plans must be in one file and must be stripped with all cad comments for review. All PDF plans will include Appendix B, Site Plan, Life Safety, Building, Electrical, Mechanical, and Plumbing. Projects with a total cost of 90,000.00 or more, or building square footage 2500 or more, will require a Design Professional seal on plans.
Plans will be submitted thru Dropbox, which can be accessed by contacting Central Permitting at 704 986 3660 or by emailing email@example.com
When plans are approved, submitter will be notified by Central Permitting to begin the permit process.
Stanly County Building Codes Enforcement jurisdiction is all of Stanly County.
Mandated Requirements by General Statutes
In 1983 Stanly County was required by General Statutes and the county’s population to begin enforcement of all volumes of the State Building Codes and regulations. This mandated adding the enforcement of plumbing & mechanical codes.
The General Statutes also requires that the local inspections office require Licensed contractors when types of construction falls under state licensing laws. The General Statutes requires local Inspections Office to make building contractors show proof of worker’s compensation when projects cost $30,000; Or they may sign an affidavit that they are exempt or the contractor has coverage.
The local Inspections Office is required by General Statutes to collect a $10.00 homeowner recovery fee from each licensed contractor for each building permit issued pertaining to a single family dwelling. Then $9.00 of each fee collected is sent to the Contractors Licensing Board, and the County retains $1.00 of each fee collected.