The Central Permitting Department is a centralized location that enables the consolidation of permitting for Building Inspections, Planning & Zoning, and The Environmental Health Department. Central Permitting enables citizens to apply for and obtain all required permits more quickly and conveniently being in a one stop location.
|Carol Almond||Director||[email protected]|
|Office Staff||[email protected]|
Permit Application Process:
- Applications for Building, Electrical, Mechanical, Plumbing, gas-Piping, and Mobile Home set up trades may be down loaded, signed, and returned to The Central Permitting Department along with applicable fees.
- All fees can be paid by check, cash, debit, or credit. Checks should be made out to Stanly County.
- Applicant is welcome to call Central Permitting at 704-986-3667, 704-986-3675, or 704-986-3660 to inquire of fee amount when necessary.
- Signed and completed applications may be mailed to: Central Permitting 1000 N 1st Street Albemarle, NC 28001 Suite 13 with a check, or they can be faxed or e-mailed and payment can be made with a credit card.
- After any permit is issued, a request for inspection can be made by calling Central Permitting. Request made by 3pm will be placed on the next day schedule. After 3pm request will be 2 days out. Contractors can request inspections online if they have signed up with BluePrince (our automated software system), and can view their inspection results.
When calling please always reference a permit number or address, and leave instructions about key or other entry information.
Stanly County Building Codes Enforcement jurisdiction is all of Stanly County.
Mandated Requirements by General Statutes:
- The Permitting Office is required by General Statutes to collect a $10.00 homeowner recovery fee from each licensed General Contractor for each building permit issued pertaining to a single family dwelling. Then $9.00 of each fee collected is sent to the General Contractors Licensing Board, and the County retains $1.00 of the fee.
- The General Statutes requires Permit offices to have contractors fill out an affidavit for proof of worker’s compensation for projects $30,000 or more.