Eligibility varies with each service, please call for additional information.
- “Are You OK?” is a free reassurance phone call and daily contact to senior adults who live alone and desire this added sense of security.
- Family Caregiver Support Program: provides information and assistance, help in receiving services, education events, short-term respite, and supplemental services (such as incontinence supplies) to eligible caregivers of older adults. The Senior Center hosts an annual caregivers fair.
- In-Home Services: provide home management assistance, limited personal care, and short-term relief for unpaid caregivers to eligible senior adults. (There is a waiting list)
- Information and Assistance: A service which assists older adults, their families and others acting on behalf of older adults, in their efforts to acquire information about programs and other services, and to obtain appropriate services to meet their needs.
- Legal Aid assist seniors with free legal advice and assistance. (Appointment needed)
- Nutrition Programs:
- Congregate Nutrition: sites provide a nutritious and delicious mid-day meal, along with daily educational and recreational programs at four sites in the county. These four sites are located at Albemarle, Norwood, Oakboro, and Locust.
- Home Delivered Meals: are available to eligible home-bound adults and are delivered by volunteers each week-day. (There is a waiting list)
- SHIIP–Senior Health Insurance Information Program is a service where volunteers give seniors guidance and counseling on their options with Medicare, Medicare supplements, and long-term care insurance, without pressure, selling tactics, and confusing terms.
- Tax Aide provides free income tax preparation for older adults during tax season.
- Transportation: SCUSA provides transportation to medical appointments, shopping, human services agencies, and nutrition sites.
- Blood Pressure Checks are usually offered once or twice a month, free of charge. Please check the Center Piece for the schedule.
- Caregiver Connection Support Group meets at the Senior Center the first Friday and third Tuesday of the month at 10am.