Eligibility varies with each service, please call for additional information.
- Information and Assistance: A service which assists older adults, their families and others acting on behalf of older adults, in their efforts to acquire information about programs and other services, and to obtain appropriate services to meet their needs.
- Congregate Nutrition: sites provide a nutritious and delicious mid-day meal, along with daily educational and recreational programs at four sites in the county. These four sites are located at Albemarle, Norwood, Oakboro, and Locust.
- Home Delivered Meals: are available to eligible home-bound adults and are delivered by volunteers each week-day. (There is a waiting list)
- In-Home Services: provide home management assistance, limited personal
- care, and short-term relief for unpaid caregivers to eligible senior adults. (There is a waiting list)
- Family Caregiver Support Program: provides information and assistance, help in receiving services, education events, short-term respite, and supplemental services (such as incontinence supplies) to eligible caregivers of older adults. The Senior Center hosts an annual caregivers fair.
- Transportation: SCUSA provides transportation to medical appointments, shopping, human services agencies, and nutrition sites.
- “Are You OK?” is a free computerized telephone contact to senior adults who live alone and desire this added sense of security.
- Tax Aides provides free income tax preparation for older adults during tax season.
- SHIIP–Senior Health Insurance Information Program is a service where volunteers give seniors guidance and counseling on their options with Medicare, Medicare supplements, and long-term care insurance, without pressure, selling tactics, and confusing terms.
- Blood Pressure Checks are usually offered once or twice a month, free of charge. Please check the Center Piece for the schedule.
- Alzheimer’s Support Group meets at the Senior Center the third Tuesday of each month at 2pm.
- Legal assistance (by appointment only).