The Stanly County Register of Deeds office maintains Marriage records, Birth and Death records, and Delayed Birth records.
Uncertified copies are available to the public.
Certified copies of vital records will be issued to:
- The applicant
- The applicant’s spouse
- The applicant’s mother/father
- The applicant’s brother/sister
- The applicant’s children/grandchildren
- The applicant’s grandmother/grandfather
- The applicant’s step-parent/step child
- An authorized agent, attorney, or legal representative of the applicant.
- Funeral Director/Licensee for death certificates
Certified copies: $10.00 each
Non-certified copies: $ 0.25 each
At this time we are unable to accept Credit or Debit cards
Stanly County Application for Copy of Vital Records (English only). Download the Application (Can be used to obtain a certified copy of a Birth, Death or Marriage Certificate from Stanly County.)
On all transactions requiring us to return documents to you please include a self addressed stamped envelope.
Send only a money order or cashier’s check in the amount of $10.00 to the following address:
Stanly County Register of Deeds
P.O. Box 97
Albemarle, NC 28002