The purpose of the Building Codes Enforcement is the safe-guarding of persons and property from hazards; To enforce certain minimum standards, provisions and requirements for safe and stable design; To inspect methods of construction and uses of materials in buildings or structures; To enforce the North Carolina Building Codes, issue permits, and perform inspections in Stanly County.
|Kerr, Rusty||Building Codes Enforcement Officer IIemail@example.com|
|Russell, Edmund||Building Codes Enforcement Officer IIfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Dennis, Allen||Building Codes Enforcement Officer III; Plan Revieweremail@example.com|
|Moon, Chris||Building Codes Enforcement Directorfirstname.lastname@example.org|
Permit Application Process
- Sub contractors applications for Electrical, Mechanical, Plumbing, Gas-Piping and Set-up trades may be down-loaded, signed, and returned to the Inspection Department, along with applicable fee.
- All fees must be paid by check, cash, or charged on an active insurance bond. No credit or debit cards accepted. Checks should be made payable to Stanly County.
- Applicant is welcome to call Central Permitting Inspection Department at 704 986 3667 to request fee amount when necessary.
- Signed & completed applications (with check for correct permit fee) may be mailed to: Central Permitting Inspection Department 1000 N 1st St. Suite 13C, Albemarle, NC 28001
- Signed/completed applications may be faxed if contractor has an active insurance bond. Fax Number: 704-986-3783
- Anytime after any permit is issued and valid, a request for inspection may be made by calling Stanly County Inspection Department at 704-986-3667. Inspection requests must be called one day in advance.
- In addition to above voice mail, applicant may request inspection on line at: Central Permitting
- Always reference a permit number when possible, and always leave instructions about key or other entry information.
- At this time Building Permits and Mobile Home permits are blanket type permits, requiring information from several entities, and must be applied for in the Central Permitting Offices at the above address. Mobile Home permits require payment for all trades when blanket permit is issued. Please bring your signed/completed sub-contractors applications with you when you apply for the Mobile Home permit.
Stanly County Building Codes Enforcement jurisdiction is all of Stanly County.
Mandated Requirements by General Statutes
In 1983 Stanly County was required by General Statutes and the county’s population to begin enforcement of all volumes of the State Building Codes and regulations. This mandated adding the enforcement of plumbing & mechanical codes.
The General Statutes also requires that the local inspections office require Licensed contractors when types of construction falls under state licensing laws. The General Statutes requires local Inspections Office to make building contractors show proof of worker’s compensation when projects cost $30,000; Or they may sign an affidavit that they are exempt or the contractor has coverage.
The local Inspections Office is required by General Statutes to collect a $10.00 homeowner recovery fee from each licensed contractor for each building permit issued pertaining to a single family dwelling. Then $9.00 of each fee collected is sent to the Contractors Licensing Board, and the County retains $1.00 of each fee collected.