The Central Permitting Department is a centralized location that enables the consolidation of permitting for Building Inspections, Planning & Zoning, and The Environmental Health Department. Central Permitting enables citizens to apply for and obtain all required permits more quickly and conveniently being in a one stop location.
|Sharon Harris||Permit Specialist||SHarris@stanlycountync.gov|
|Nancy Whitley||Permit Specialist||NWhitley@stanlycountync.gov|
Permit Application Process
- Applications for Building, Electrical, Mechanical, Plumbing, Gas-Piping and Mobile Home Set-up trades may be down-loaded, signed, and returned to the Inspection Department, along with applicable fee.
- All fees can be paid by check, cash, debit, or credit. Checks should be made payable to Stanly County.
- Applicant is welcome to call The Central Permitting Department at 704 986 3667 to request fee amount when necessary.
- Signed & completed applications (with check for correct permit fee) may be mailed to: Central Permitting Attn: Carol Almond, 1000 N 1st St. Suite 13, Albemarle, NC 28001
- Signed/completed applications may be faxed if contractor has an active insurance bond (for misc permits only). Fax Number: 704-986-3783.
- Anytime after any permit is issued and valid, a request for inspection may be made by calling Stanly County Central Permitting Department at 704-986-3667, 3675 or 3660. If the inspection is needed the same day the request is made, the call must be received before 9:00 a.m.
- In addition to above voice mail, contractors may request inspection online if they have signed up with BluePrince.
- Always reference a permit number or address and always leave instructions about key or other entry information.
Stanly County Building Codes Enforcement jurisdiction in all of Stanly County.
Mandated Requirements by General Statutes
The local Inspections Office is required by General Statutes to collect a $10.00 homeowner recovery fee from each licensed contractor for each building permit issued pertaining to a single family dwelling. Then $9.00 of each fee collected is sent to the Contractors Licensing Board, and the County retains $1.00 of each fee collected.
In 1983 Stanly County was required by General Statutes and the county’s population to begin enforcement of all volumes of the State Building Codes and regulations. This mandated adding the enforcement of plumbing & mechanical codes.
The General Statutes also requires that the local inspections office require Licensed contractors when types of construction falls under state licensing laws. The General Statutes requires local Inspections Office to make building contractors show proof of worker’s compensation when projects cost $30,000; Or they may sign an affidavit that they are exempt or the contractor has coverage.